PDA

View Full Version : Checking hardware requirements

david
03-05-2006, 09:16 PM
Hi
I have just purchaced settupbuilder 5.3.1414

I do not want to install on a computer that does not have some basic hardware settings.

I have filled out the hardware reqirements in the requirments section of your program but nothing is checked in the install.

the only way i can get the install to check for requirments is for me to add the "Get system information" script

Therefor i ask what is the point of filling out informtaion under the requirments tab????

linder
03-05-2006, 11:52 PM
David,

We are not aware of any problem in this area. Hardware checking works fine here.

What kind of hardware checking fails with your installation? Both the "Get System Information" function and "Requirements Visualizer" make use of the same installer functions.

Thanks,

david
03-06-2006, 06:47 AM
I agree that the hardware checking works. but only using the scripting functions.
I thought that if you filled out the "requirments visuliser" it would automaticly create script for you.
I can not see the point in the "requirements visuliser" .. what is it supposed to do?

thanks

linder
03-06-2006, 06:58 AM
The "Requirements Visualizer" handles this behind the scenes. It does not create script items for you, but checks the specific requirements when the installation is executed.

The script function gives you more "requirement options" and you can decide when to check and what to do if a requirement is not met.

Does this help?

linder
03-06-2006, 06:58 AM
By the way, which requirement checking (Requirements Visualizer) does not work for you?

Thanks,

timbojones
03-20-2006, 12:38 PM
david: Note that you need to mark the "Hardware Checking" checkbox in addition to setting the requirement options.

david
03-30-2006, 10:32 PM
OK
Thanks
This solves the problem.