PDA

View Full Version : Producing Installers that span Multiple CD/DVD's???

d2_s
03-12-2006, 08:14 PM
I was wondering how to achieve the above?

I have setup my installer to break up the Data into CD sized chunks (I assume this option is to allow your installer to span multiple disks) but was wondering how do I lay out the files on disk and also how does Setup builder Developer 5 handle this from a user perspective? Does it prompt them to insert the next disk etc? If so, how do I customise this?

Thanks in advance.

d2_s
03-12-2006, 09:05 PM
Ok, I played some more with it and it seems my assumption was correct about the data chunks and that it auto-prompts for the next disk if the next expected chunk is not in the same directory as the installer. However, the dialogs it displays a very generic and display something like insert the disk labeled #1 ... my next question is, is it possible to customise that message? Ideally I would like to be able to initially prompt for disc 1, then disc 2 ... disc x where the disc's have custom labels.

Thanks.

linder
03-13-2006, 12:22 AM
Hello,

You can modify the text here:

Text and Messages -> Messages -> Misc Messages -> MSG_ASKDISK Identifier.

Does this help?

Unregistered
03-13-2006, 05:00 PM
Hello,

You can modify the text here:

Text and Messages -> Messages -> Misc Messages -> MSG_ASKDISK Identifier.

Does this help?

Yes that is helpful thankyou. I have one last question. In the MSG_ASKDISK string there is a %i reference contained. I assumed this refers to the current disk number. I can't see a reference to this %i Value anywhere in the script or elsewhere in the program. Is there a way to manipulate this value or at least to initialise it? The reason I would need to initialise it is because the default disk number for disk 2 is 1 ... I would actually like Disk 2 to be refered to as Disk 2.

Thanks Again.

linder
03-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Hello,

No, you cannot manipulate the %i value. The installer sets this value at runtime.

HTH,

d2_s
03-15-2006, 10:25 PM
Hello,

No, you cannot manipulate the %i value. The installer sets this value at runtime.

HTH,

Excellent, thankyou kindly for your assistance :)