PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to launch an application that is the actual install disk

d2_s
03-15-2006, 10:11 PM
Is it possible to launch an application that resides on the install source location without actually installing it on the desitination machine?

For example my install application is in location d:/setup.exe and a helper application is in d:/helper.exe. Is it possible to launch helper.exe from within setup.exe?

Thanks in advance!

d2_s
03-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Anyone know the answer to this? If I can get this installer working then I can actually advise my boss to purchase this application otherwise I'll have to look at some uglier options for setting up installations :(

linder
03-21-2006, 12:07 AM
Hello,

Yes, no problem and very easy to handle. In the "Run Program" dialog enter the filename into the File Name field and the source path into the Target Folder field. You can use variables here. If your application is d:\helper.exe, just enter:

File Name: helper.exe
Target Folder: D:\

I would suggest to also set the Default Folder to D:\

DOes this help?

d2_s
03-21-2006, 03:37 PM
Hello,

Yes, no problem and very easy to handle. In the "Run Program" dialog enter the filename into the File Name field and the source path into the Target Folder field. You can use variables here. If your application is d:\helper.exe, just enter:

File Name: helper.exe
Target Folder: D:\

I would suggest to also set the Default Folder to D:\

DOes this help?

Wow, I didn't realise it was so simple ... I am almost embarrased for not working this out myself :)

Thanks again!