PDA

View Full Version : Web Installer Problem

Simon White
03-22-2006, 06:46 PM
Hi

I am currently testing Setupbuilder's web install feature. The project compiles and FTPs all the files to the web server however when I run the Installer it prompts for the installation directory but then complains that it cannot find the first myApp_00001 file. The url it is using is correct and the file exists because Setupbuilder put them on the web server. So I want to know what I have done wrong given all the files are where they should be in my opinion.

Thanks
Simon

linder
03-22-2006, 11:49 PM
Simon,

Is this a IIS server?

Can you access the files from, say, Internet Explorer?

Simon White
03-23-2006, 07:46 PM
This is an IIS Server on Windows 2003

I can access the myApp.exe with IE however I cannot access the myApp_nnnnn files. However if I rename them such that they have a file extension (myApp_nnnnn.txt) then I can access them in IE. It appears that the lack of a file extension is causing a problem.

linder
03-24-2006, 01:33 AM
This could be too obvious, but I will ask, do you have the correct Mime
types on the server?

Please see:
http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4625#poststop

Does this help?

Simon White
03-24-2006, 07:19 AM
This is hosted on a commercial ISP so I will have to ask them. However, what mime types need to be setup?

linder
03-24-2006, 07:55 AM
Simon,

If you mark the "IIS/Windows 2003 Image" checkbox, then you need a *.* MIME type and the MIME type for your Server Manifest File extension.

Does this help?

Simon White
03-27-2006, 11:28 AM
Hi

The ISP is asking me for some documentation on what and how the MIME type should be configured. Do you have a more complete explanation of what is required so that I could send this information to the ISP technical support people to have the change made?

Thanks,
Simon

linder
03-27-2006, 11:07 PM
Simon,

If the "IIS/Windows 2003 Image" checkbox is marked, SetupBuilder compiles "cluster" files without any extension. In this case your ISP has to add a MIME type so files without extensions can be downloaded from your server. Then you need a MIME type to download the Server Manifest File. You can use any extension for your Server Manifest File (e.g. .txt, .ini, .xxx).

Does this help?