PDA

View Full Version : How to read a REG_MULTI_SZ registry string

gnl
11-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Hi Friedrich,

I have recently downloaded your excellent application and have started playing around with it and I am loving it.

Having said that, could you please let me know if it is possible to read a REG_MULTI_SZ registry string value? I want to know since I want to read the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\InstalledInstances in order to be able to present to the user a list of all installed SQL server instances. I am currently using the function Get Registry Key Value but the function returns only the first string of the multi string.

Best Regards,

George

linder
11-04-2008, 01:29 PM
George,

Good question. I think there is a bug in the SetupBuilder 6 runtime that handles the REG-MULTI_SZ parsing. Item in review.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Friedrich

gnl
11-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Friedrich,

I'm amazed by the speed of your reply. I'll be waiting.

George

linder
11-06-2008, 10:32 AM
George,

Fixed in the latest internal source codes now. It will be part of the next SB6 maintenance release.

Thanks again for bringing this to my attention!

Friedrich

gnl
11-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Friedrich,

Even though this post was my first one in the forum, I have to admit that it was also the first time in my 25 years in the business that somebody acted in such a professional way, both in terms of responding and performing at the same time!

Thank you,
George

linder
11-07-2008, 01:52 AM
Thank you so much for your kind words, George!

Friedrich

--
Friedrich Linder
Lindersoft
www.lindersoft.com
+1.954.252.3910

"point. click. ship" - that's SetupBuilder
Create Windows Vista ready installations in minutes

-- Official Comodo Code Signing and SSL Certificate Partner