PDA

View Full Version : Files In Use / Retry

musabio
12-04-2008, 01:19 PM
When trying to install/update a program that is currently running, the installer pops up the dialog saying "One or more files are currently in use. Please shut down any running program and start the installation again." The buttons on the dialog, however, are "Abort", "Retry", "Ignore". If I close the offending program, it seems that the "Retry" button should work, but it does not (it just keeps redisplaying the message box). I know that the message says you must start the installation again, but: A) that seems like overkill, and B) if so, why is there a "Retry" button on the mesage box? (Version is 6.9.2415)

linder
12-05-2008, 01:27 AM
There is no built-in "One or more files are currently in use. Please shut down any running program and start the installation again." function in the installer! Perhaps you have added such a function to your installer?

The above text is defined in the "ERR_INUSE_FILES" text resource, but the installer does not use it. It can be used in a custom function.

Friedrich

musabio
12-06-2008, 03:45 PM
Oops! Please accept my apologies while I put my dunce cap on and go sit in the corner.

linder
12-07-2008, 06:29 AM
;) No problem at all!

Friedrich