PDA

View Full Version : Choosing from a List Box Dialog

Darrel Witham
12-18-2008, 04:04 PM
I create a list box dialog and the customer selects an install folder destination that is stored in %_SB_INSTALLDIR%. The next dialog is the Select Install Folder. The selected folder from the list box dialog is displayed. This is perfect so far. Now the customer goes "Back" and chooses a different install folder and clicks "Next". I issues a Refresh Next dialog command after they choose the install folder in the list box dialog. The problem is the Select Install Folder dialog does not display the newly selected install folder from the list box dialog. I have attached my project. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?

Darrel Witham
12-23-2008, 08:12 AM
Friedrich - I was wondering if you have had a chance to review this? Darrel

linder
12-23-2008, 08:58 AM
Darrel,

Are you sure the "Refresh Next Dialog" function is executed?

I see that it is only executed if %TTG_FOLDERS% is greater than "1". Is this always the case?

Friedrich

Darrel Witham
12-23-2008, 11:43 AM
Yes - the list box dialog is only displayed if %TTG_FOLDERS% is greater than "1". IF %TTG_FOLDERS% is one, they can only install in that folder. IF %TTG_FOLDERS% greater than one, they have to choose. If they select a install folder from the list back, choose "Next" and then go "Back" and select a different install folder from the list box, the new %_SB_INSTALLDIR% variable is not reflecting the install folder selection.

linder
12-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Darrel,

I have attached a demo project and it works as expected.

Does this help?

Friedrich

Darrel Witham
12-24-2008, 10:24 AM
Friedrich - I used your example and it nows works - thanks and have a merry christmas and a happy new year. Darrel