PDA

View Full Version : hide file names during installation

Liz T. Krause
09-02-2006, 10:32 PM
Perhaps a silly question, but I've had quite a time trying to figure out if I can remove the names of the files that are being displayed during installation. Is this something that is permanent or am I overlooking something obvious?
I have an install that is only 2 files but are fairly large. It becomes obvious then to the end user what those 2 files do and I'd prefer for them not to see this information. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Liz T. Krause

linder
09-05-2006, 05:43 AM
Liz,

Try to set the Status Text before installing the first file (see Progress Dialog: Status Text... script function).

Does this help?

Unregistered
09-05-2006, 08:49 PM
I'm sure that would help if I could find the right place. I put the Set Progress Status Text #1 to "#PROG_STATUS#" and Set Progress Status Text #2 to #Installing...". directly under [Install Files]. I thought the Text #2 would over ride the file names. I can get the text that is above the names to change but I can't get the actual file names to change. I hope the above makes sense.

I tried to mimic what was in the help too, but could not get it with the percentage.

Thanks,

Liz

linder
09-06-2006, 09:18 AM
Liz,

I'll check this and get back to you!

Thanks,