PDA

View Full Version : Silent Installations

jtackabury
01-23-2009, 11:39 AM
I am trying to do a silent install using the "/S" command line option, but it always shows the language dialog. Even when I use "/Q" as well, it still shows the language dialog. Is there a way to just use English as the default and go through? Also, when I use "/V myvar 0" to set a variable to a certain value it doesn't seem to do anything. I tried not setting it in the script, but then it complains that it isn't declared when I try to compile. How can I prevent my script value from overwriting the command line value?

linder
01-23-2009, 12:36 PM
1. Language

Please see the "Radio Button 2.sb6" project in the Examples package.

http://www.lindersoft.com/sb6_Examples.exe

2. Variable

You have to define the variable and the first set variable value in your script is always replaced with the command line value.

Does this help?

Friedrich

jtackabury
03-01-2009, 06:34 PM
I took a look at the "Radio Buttons 2" example, and it doesn't seem to solve my problem. I am using the default language selector, but it looks like you are suggesting that I not use it and create my own? Isn't there a way to just use the default language selector and have it not appear and default to English during a silent install?

linder
03-02-2009, 10:27 AM
We'll develop a demo project script for you...

Friedrich

linder
03-03-2009, 08:35 AM
Hello,

We discussed this here and decided to modify the runtime. The "Select Language Dialog" will not be displayed in a silent mode install any longer.

This permanent change will be part of the next SB6 maintenance build (and SB7).

Friedrich

jtackabury
03-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Excellent - do you know when this new maintenance build will be released? Thanks!

linder
03-06-2009, 02:26 AM
Jon,

Our goal is to make it available within the next 4-5 days.

Friedrich