PDA

View Full Version : Bug in "Go" from Debug Menu?

Wayne Freeman
01-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Hi Friedrich,

I don't know if this was supposed to happen or not, but if not, I think it's a bug.

I had done some coding in the Script Editor, then went to "Files and Folders" to update some of the folder contents. I needed to refresh one of the directory lists, so, out of habit, I hit F5. I know better, but, habit, you know?

Anyway, so the debugger launched, and I got the message asking if I wanted to save. Well, I didn't at that moment, nor did I really want to debug, I just wanted to get back to what I was doing, so I clicked "No".

Well, not only did it not save, but it rolled back all changes I had made since the last save (which were considerable, but that's my fault). I've since tested that, intentionally, a couple of times. It seems to be easily repeatable.

Is it supposed to do that? If so, it really should warn us that it's going to.

Thanks,

Wayne
analyticabiz.com

linder
01-31-2009, 05:33 AM
Hi Wayne,

I think an "Abort" option in the "Do you want to change?" dialog would be a good idea. "Yes" and "No" is not enough here. We'll add this to the next maintenance release.

Thanks,
Friedrich

Wayne Freeman
01-31-2009, 07:01 PM
Hi Friedrich,

I think that would be fine.

But just to be specific, it's a "Do you want to save..." dialog, not "Do you want to change...".

Thanks,

Wayne
analyticabiz.com