PDA

View Full Version : How to uninstall other MSI installers

Tony
02-04-2009, 05:05 AM
Hi guys, just found the product and evaluating now.

We've used Installshield to date and I'm fedup with their upgrade pricing etc etc..

We've got a bunch of MSI uninstall GUIDs that I want to detect and then uninstall then install the new product with SetupBuilder. It's not an upgrade and it can just uninstall then install the new one back in!

If we can find a way to do this I'll buy the product!

Simple step by step I'm afraid required :)

Regards,
T

linder
02-04-2009, 05:12 AM
Hello Tony,

Absolutely no problem! If you are interested, we can develop a small SetupBuilder demo project for you.

Please send your email address to support (at) lindersoft (dot) com and we'll provide you with a source code demo project (.sb6) within the next 12-24 hours.

Friedrich

Tony
02-04-2009, 05:18 AM
Sounds like a very kind offer, I'll get as far as I can with it and send it in a bit later.

Many thanks
T

Hello Tony,

Absolutely no problem! If you are interested, we can develop a small SetupBuilder demo project for you.

Please send your email address to support (at) lindersoft (dot) com and we'll provide you with a source code demo project (.sb6) within the next 12-24 hours.

Friedrich

linder
02-04-2009, 05:29 AM
Great! I gave it some thoughts and such a MSI uninstall demo will be a nice addition to the SetupBuilder Examples Package.

Contact us whenever you are ready and we'll send you the .sb6 demo project.

Thanks,
Friedrich

beevoli
03-30-2011, 07:56 AM
I am interested in how setupbuilder can use an install created by Installshield to uninstall a program before installing it with Setupbuilder.

I am currently using Setupbuilder 7.3. Can you send/post an example?

linder
03-30-2011, 08:49 AM
Hello,

No problem. I have attached a screenshot from one of our Consulting projects.

You only need the Product GUID and then you can use msiexec.exe to uninstall the product.

Does this help?

Friedrich

beevoli
03-30-2011, 09:10 AM
Thanks! That is exactly what I was looking for.

linder
03-30-2011, 09:13 AM
Perfect!

Friedrich