PDA

View Full Version : Project Portability

TreeMeister
02-17-2009, 03:22 PM
I have a project that includes .sbi scripts that are stored in folders under the main projects folder. I would like to make this entire nest portable. In particular, I want to update and compile the script from a remote machine via a net drive. This would seem to be possible by reference to the scripts using a compiler variable that contains the projects folder path, and paths relative to this. However, I can't seem to find any such compiler variable.

Do I have to rewrite the script to use it from a different machine?

linder
02-18-2009, 01:26 AM
Hello,

The following should help:

http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9955

Friedrich

TreeMeister
04-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Still struggling with include script portability in SB6.

Manual states: "All "My Include Scripts" are located in the "SetupBuilder 6 Projects" folder. By default this folder is located under "My Documents".

Trusting this instruction, I placed a script in the SetupBuilder 6 Projects folder (although I prefer the current project folder) and used the bare name of the script in the #include directive (no path).

The result was an SB message "Setupbuilder cannot load script c:\program files (x86)\lindersoft\setupbuilder 6 developer\include\scriptname.sbi". This appears to directly contradict the manual. Also, having to place user data in with the core program data seems to fly in the face of Windows standards.

Am I correct that my only choices with SB6 are to either place them with the core includes or type a (long) absolute path?

My preference would be for SB to automatically search 3 places: the core include folder, an include folder under the SB6 projects folder, and the current project folder. That would satisfy 99.9% of my projects.

linder
04-04-2009, 04:16 AM
Hello,

Yes, the manual states: "All "My Include Scripts" are located in the "SetupBuilder 6 Projects" folder. By default this folder is located under "My Documents".

But the above does not mean that include scripts located in "My Include Scripts" can be used without a full qualified path specification.

In the Remarks section, the manual states: "In the first case where the path is not specified, the file is looked for directly in the standard SetupBuilder include folder (located under the root folder of the SetupBuilder Development Environment)."

So the manual is correct (IMO).

--
Friedrich Linder
Lindersoft
www.lindersoft.com
+1.954.252.3910

SetupBuilder "point. click. ship"
Create Windows Vista ready installations in minutes

-- Official Comodo Code Signing and SSL Certificate Partner

TreeMeister
04-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Hello,

Yes, the manual states: "All "My Include Scripts" are located in the "SetupBuilder 6 Projects" folder. By default this folder is located under "My Documents".

But the above does not mean that include scripts located in "My Include Scripts" can be used without a full qualified path specification.

So, what precisely does "default" mean?

linder
04-06-2009, 01:37 AM
So, what precisely does "default" mean?

"Default" is whatever you have defined in your Project Location (see attached screenshot).

Does this help?

Friedrich

--
Friedrich Linder
Lindersoft
www.lindersoft.com
+1.954.252.3910

SetupBuilder "point. click. ship"
Create Windows Vista ready installations in minutes

-- Official Comodo Code Signing and SSL Certificate Partner