PDA

View Full Version : Web Deployment on Apache Server

Jeff Walters
12-14-2006, 04:58 AM
Hi

Can't get the Web Deployment to work - get Source file not found: url of file.00001. Verify that the file exists and that you can acccess it.

I have tried various settings / tried Port 80 and 21 (same as my FTP software).

I can access / download the file using the exact path provided in the error message box - using Internet Download Manager.

Spent two hours on this changing options FTP uploading / testing and failing - with various options - don't know what else to try.

Is there a required setting on my Apache server?

Jeff Walters
www.RapidNicheWebsites.com

Jeff Walters
12-14-2006, 05:16 AM
Hi

Don't worry. Seems I needed to struggle for 2 hours and 10 minutes. A final couple of tests - changed back to Port 80 / final test of each setting - after posting this,and the web deployment worked. Not sure why I couldn't get to work earlier.

Wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that I was trying to do this from 2am to 4am when my brain was more than a little fried... :eek:

Jeff

linder
12-14-2006, 05:31 AM
:)

Thanks for the update!

Friedrich

Jeff Walters
12-14-2006, 06:03 AM
Hi Friedrich

Just finished successfully testing the web update. What a support time-saver this is going to be + it's going to please my customers.

Should have implemented this months ago. Too busy cutting the wood to take the time to sharpen the saw. :o

BTW - part of the issue was I was getting confused between the need for /public_html/ in the ftp setting / Port 21, and the update settings - Port 80, and no public_html. The time of the morning that I was trying to do this didn't help. (Guess you've been there a few times ...)

Thanks for such a powerful package.

Jeff

PS - please ignore the Support Ticket I logged last night about how to implement this. As you can gather, the ignorance is fading away ...

linder
12-15-2006, 07:33 AM
Hi Jeff,

:)

Thanks so much for your kind words!