PDA

View Full Version : check for file existence after Install Folder

Doug I
04-07-2009, 04:07 AM
Hi,

I want to make my SB Installs work such that after the user enters the path to install to, the script will check if a specfic file exists in that path and then proceed.

I am trying to avoid a problem we encounter periodically when customers download a special upgrade installer and the default install path is not where the program resides. This commonly happens when the customer moves our program to a new server.

Basically, I want to check if my "program.exe" exists in the Install folder path provided before proceeding with the installation.

I am guessing that I have to find the right place to implement the "If File/Folder exists" function in the script.

Can you give me some ideas on how to do this?

TIA,
Doug

linder
04-07-2009, 04:24 AM
Doug,

I have developed a test project for you (see attached .sb6 and code snipped).

Does this help?

--
Friedrich Linder
Lindersoft
www.lindersoft.com
+1.954.252.3910

SetupBuilder "point. click. ship"
Create Windows Vista ready installations in minutes

-- Official Comodo Code Signing and SSL Certificate Partner

Doug I
04-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Hi Friedrich,

Worked like a charm. Lovin' it.

Thanks,
Doug I

P.S. This is off-topic, but make sure to put pressure on Bob Z for C7 support of PNG images. I gave them a thrashing the other day for earlier promises that C7 would support PNG, and they didn't deliver. The more they hear it from successful developers, the more they will put emphasis on it and recognize it is something that devs need.
A product like yours (and my own programs) could drastically benefit from being able to integrate multi-transparency PNG images for creating stunning applications.