PDA

View Full Version : SB6 - How to Add "conditional" folders to an install

JGamalinda
04-27-2009, 08:51 AM
Hello,

I was wondering if it is possilbe to add a "conditional" folder to the installation folders so that If an "IF" statement is added to these folders it will be included along with the "Always Install Folders" from the destination computer.

I'm looking to add an "EDU" folder from the destination computer to be included with the installation folders. In other words, if it's an EDU Install then it will include the EDU folder. If not then the EDU folder will not be included.

I'm fairly new to SB6 and have been basically learning it on my own. I tried looking at the manual and I haven't been able to determine if this is possible.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

linder
04-27-2009, 09:01 AM
Hello,

Yes, this is absolutely no problem. You have even different options to handle this. For example, what you can do is to add the "EDU" folder to the "Application Folder" (see IMG1.JPG) and then use the If... Statement in the Script Editor (see IMG2.JPG).

Hope this helps.

Friedrich

JGamalinda
04-27-2009, 02:28 PM
Hello,

Yes, this is absolutely no problem. You have even different options to handle this. For example, what you can do is to add the "EDU" folder to the "Application Folder" (see IMG1.JPG) and then use the If... Statement in the Script Editor (see IMG2.JPG).

Hope this helps.

Friedrich

Thank you so much!!!!

This is a huge help.