PDA

View Full Version : Shortcut creation/Files and Folders

Arnor
12-04-2004, 11:27 AM
Hi Friedrich,

I'm running into some minor things when creating shortcuts and when adding files/folders in 971:

Shortcuts:

1. Right click and select Details... on a shortcut that is already created, doesn't do anything.

2. Right click and select Add|Shortcut doesn't do anything when a shortcut is selected. The folder above the shortcut must be selected to add a new shortcut into the folder (i.e. selecting the lowest node and try to insert doesn't work)

3. Click on "Add" button at bottom and select Shortcut doesn't do anything when a shortcut is selected - see 2.

For 2 and 3 you have to double click the list on the right to get to the properties for the shortcut.

Files and Folders:

I can not seem to be able to add folders at all. I have to manually create them. The buttons which select between copying files and files + folders do not seem to change the setting, it only allows me to copy the files in a folder. In SB4 I was used to just select the Files+Folders and copy the whole structure as that's how I build all my installs.

If you need any further info, please let me know.

One other thing: When setting the Background in the "General Settings" there does not seem to be options for X/Y offsets for the header/subheader/footer. Can that be set in the script?

Best regards,

linder
12-05-2004, 05:46 AM
Hi Arnór,

1. Right click and select Details... on a shortcut that is already created, doesn't do anything.

You are right. I'll fix this, thank you. Please select the shortcut twice to switch into EIP mode.

2. Right click and select Add|Shortcut doesn't do anything when a shortcut is selected. The folder above the shortcut must be selected to add a new shortcut into the folder (i.e. selecting the lowest node and try to insert doesn't work)

Yes, this is not a bug but a feature :). I'll disable the "Add" item when a shortcut is selected, thank you.

3. Click on "Add" button at bottom and select Shortcut doesn't do anything when a shortcut is selected - see 2.

I'll disable this as well, thanks.

For 2 and 3 you have to double click the list on the right to get to the > properties for the shortcut.

I'll fix this, thank you!

Files and Folders:

I can not seem to be able to add folders at all. I have to manually create them. The buttons which select between copying files and files + folders do not seem to change the setting, it only allows me to copy the files in a folder. In SB4 I was used to just select the Files+Folders and copy the whole structure as that's how I build all my installs.

If you need any further info, please let me know.

Please use drag and drop :) Does this work? BTW, you can also move files and folders via drag and drop now!

One other thing: When setting the Background in the "General Settings" there does not seem to be options for X/Y offsets for the header/subheader/footer. Can that be set in the script?

They are fix now. Does this cause problems?

Thank you for your time!!!!

linder
12-05-2004, 05:59 AM
BTW, most screens support drag and drop now. You can also move shortcuts by drag and drop.

Unregistered
12-05-2004, 09:06 AM
Hi Friedrich,

As for inserting shortcuts. IMO, you should be able to add at the lowest node. I.e. when you are on a shortcut and want to add another one to that folder, you shouldn't need to select the folder, then right click.

I would also LOVE to be able to use the Insert key to insert at the lowest node (the shortcut node). That goes for all the lists in SB5. At least an option:)

Best regards,

linder
12-05-2004, 09:10 AM
Hi Arnór,

Makes sense. I'll try to add this.

Thanks,

Arnor
12-05-2004, 11:13 AM
Hi Friedrich,

Re. drag/drop - that works great:)

Suggestion: It would be nice to have an add button on the left that added the selected folder from the actual folders list on top to the install folder list on the bottom, with files if that is selected. That would also add to the usability/accessability of SB for disabled people who have problems using mice and have to rely on using the keyboard.

Best regards,

linder
12-06-2004, 05:35 AM
Hi Arnór,

Good idea :) Added, thank you!