PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with command line build (sbuilder.exe)

joehler
05-20-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm attempting to automate a build using sbuilder.exe. On my development machine, I currently have an evaluation version of SetupBuilder Development Edition. When I execute the following statement

C:\>"c:\Program Files\Lindersoft\SetupBuilder 6 Developer\sbuilder.exe" "c:\Projects\project.sb6"

the evaluation version window is displayed and when I click "OK" I'm taken to the SetupBuilder GUI for this project. However, when I add the "/C" compile argument, executing the following statement

C:\>"c:\Program Files\Lindersoft\SetupBuilder 6 Developer\sbuilder.exe" /C "c:\Projects\project.sb6"

the evaluation version window is again displayed, but after clicking "OK" the compile does not appear to proceed. I've been unable to find a "compiler.txt" file that would list an error and I was wondering if perhaps command line compiles weren't allowed in the evaluation version of SetupBuilder? If they are allowed, does anyone see a problem with how I am initiating the command line build?

Thanks very much in advance for your help.

linder
05-21-2009, 03:16 AM
Hello,

I think it only "seems" that nothing happened because it is so fast :) A compiler.txt file is only created if there was a compile error. In this case, the log file would be located in C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Lindersoft\SetupBuilder 6.

See attached screenshot. I have installed the Evaluation Version and compiled a test.sb6 from the command line compiler. The compiler generated the test.exe file witout any problem.

Does this help?

Friedrich

linder
05-21-2009, 03:20 AM
See attached. The compiler.txt is only there if there was a compilation error.

Friedrich

joehler
05-21-2009, 11:14 AM
Thank you Linder. You are absolutely correct. I was able to force an error and verify the compiler.txt file was created. Thank you! joehler