PDA

View Full Version : SB6 project converted to SB7: all dialogs gone?

Modest Automatisering BV
08-07-2009, 04:41 AM
Hi all,

Installed SB7 today to replace SB6. Backed up all projects, installed new SB7, loaded one of the SB6 projects into SB7: no conversion errors.

So far so good!

Changed the project to match the prerequisites for our new release (version resource, new files / folders, entered FTP upload data and compile!

Compilation mentions the RTF eula file is truncated (why?) but more important then the EULA: the setup, if ran, does not ask for anything and just starts installing "somewhere" (where i havent found out yet).

Problem is that all dialog settings seem fine! This project has always asked for acceptance of the license agreement, has always asked the user to select an installation folder to install the application in.

Now it doesn't do all this anymore!

We need this to function properly, but i can't find how to fix it.

Any help is welcome!

Kind regards,

Mark Pronk
Modest Automatisering BV

linder
08-07-2009, 04:49 AM
Mark,

The "conversion" does nothing more than adding three new properties. In fact, you can even load your "converted" .sb7 project in your old SB6 and compile it there.

I assume you did some project modifications that cause this. If you are interested, please send me your original .sb6 and the "converted" one and I can tell you exactly what it is. Please also send us the RTF.

It's definitely not caused by the conversion process ;)

Friedrich

Modest Automatisering BV
08-07-2009, 05:19 AM
Thanks Friedrich!

Can I suggest to simply take the old SB6 project from the backup, then reconvert and recompile it? In this case there should not be any error.

Am i right?

Best regards,

Mark Pronk
Modest Automatisering BV

linder
08-07-2009, 05:23 AM
Mark,

Yes, you can simply restore your original .sb6 from the backup, open it in your new SB7 IDE and compile it. The conversion process will add some properties. After that, it is still possible to open the "converted" .sb6 in your old SB6 IDE.

Make sure you have all the required PreRequisites available and, if you are using custom include scripts, they are accessible.

Friedrich

Modest Automatisering BV
08-07-2009, 05:29 AM
Hi Friedrich,

Tried this, I took the original SB6 project, changed version properties, saved first as SB7 project (the save tool doesn't auto save as SB7 file extension by the way, bug?), then recompiled.

Again, no questions asked, right away it'll install and doesn't show any dialogs...

I'll send you the original and converted project then Friedrich...

Regards,

Mark

linder
08-07-2009, 05:35 AM
Mark,

Why should it save your .sb6 file with a .sb7 extension ;) No, not a bug. If the project file has the .sb6 extension then it will save it as .sb6. If you revome the file extension from the file name then it will save it as .sb7.

When we have received the project, I'll let you know here what causes your problem.

Friedrich

linder
08-07-2009, 07:26 AM
Mark,

What I thought. It has nothing to do with SetupBuilder 7. You already damaged your script logic some months ago.

Your .sb6 project does definitely not work in SB6 ;) You have completely removed the "Loop Wizard" (see attached screenshot). I have no idea why you did
this! You have done this for both the information collection and finish dialogs.

Compile the original project (date stamp is May 2009) in SB6 and you'll see what I mean. It will *not* work (I bet my company on it <g>)

Put the "Loop Wizards" back and you are done.

Does this help?

Friedrich

linder
08-07-2009, 07:29 AM
BTW, it should look like this (after you put back the Wizard Loops). See attached screenshots.

Hope this helps.

Friedrich

Modest Automatisering BV
08-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Ahhhhhhhhh!

Right!!! Now i see!

I tried to put the loop wizard around the rest of the procedures. Ending with the "end" on the bottom of it all.

Didn't work!

Thanks yet again for your swift help Friedrich! Immacculate and fast support in such a way it almost gives one a "warm" feeling!

Best regards and enjoy the weekend!

Mark Pronk
Modest Automatisering BV

linder
08-07-2009, 08:47 AM
Thanks so much for your kind words, Mark!

And we will play with your file extension change on "save as..." idea :)

Friedrich