PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Dialog Editor?

Peter Gysegem
08-29-2009, 07:30 PM
I'm sure I saw a comment some time ago that there would be some kind of wysiwyg dialog editor in SB7 but I cannot seem to find it if it exists. Did this feature get implemented in SB7?

linder
08-30-2009, 05:35 AM
Peter,

Yes, SetupBuilder 7 Developer Edition comes with a "Visual Dialog Editor" (VDE) for quickly customizing the user interface. You can use the VDE to create new dialogs from scratch for your SetupBuilder application. You can visually design dialogs and add items such as static text, text edit fields, graphics, checkboxes, radio buttons, push buttons, combo boxes, list boxes, and more.

SB7 also supports "Custom Dialog Script Processing". The best thing is that the powerful SetupScript scripting language provides built-in interactivity to custom dialogs in SetupBuilder. Custom dialogs can exhibit different behaviors based on end user input. Each custom dialog lets you perform script actions in response to certain events inside a dialog. You can manipulate controls in the custom dialog programmatically.

There are quite a few dialog editor demo projects in the Examples Package which also ships with "Learning SetupBuilder Part I (by Jane Fleming)" -- "Everything you ever wanted to know about SetupBuilder but were afraid to ask" introductory materials for learning to use the powerful SetupBuilder system.

http://www.lindersoft.com/sb7_Examples.exe

Does this help?

--
Friedrich Linder
Lindersoft
www.lindersoft.com
+1.954.252.3910

SetupBuilder is Windows installation -- "point. click. ship"

-- Official Comodo Code Signing and SSL Certificate Partner

Peter Gysegem
08-31-2009, 02:02 PM
Thanks Friedrich; I found it.

Where can I find "Learning SetupBuilder Part I (by Jane Fleming)"?

linder
09-05-2009, 05:42 AM
Hi Peter,

It's installed by the Examples package. Did you find it?

Friedrich

Peter Gysegem
09-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Yee, Friedrich. Thank you very much. I'm exploring all the new features and examples.