PDA

View Full Version : Fatal Compiler Error: GEN1018

Thompson
09-25-2009, 03:59 PM
When I try to compile my setup it gets to the end and gives the following text on a message box:

"An error occurred generating T:\[...]\My SetupBuilder\Output\

Check to make sure the .exe is not currently in use by another process."

This project used to compile successfully, but starting not doing so today. The error shown in the Compiler Output list is:

"Fatal Compiler Error: GEN1018: The process cannot access the file T:\[...]\My SetupBuilder\Output\ because it is being used by another process."

I'm using the demo version of the Developer Edition, version 7.0.2680. I tried to update to 7.0.2712 in case that would fix the problem, but the link on the http://lindersoft.com/downloads_evaluation.htm page is still for version 7.0.2680, even though the text in the Version column says 7.0.2712.

Thanks.

linder
09-26-2009, 02:44 AM
Hello,

An update would not help you because it's not a SetupBuilder issue. I assume it's some kind of permission problem on your machine. Fix this and you are done.

Hope this helps.

Friedrich

linder
09-26-2009, 02:53 AM
BTW, I can't find any link to 7.0.2680. Where do you see this? I just downloaded all available SetupBuilder install images from our web site, but there is not any #2680 build.

Thanks,
Friedrich

Thompson
10-01-2009, 09:52 AM
Friedrich, I replied on Sunday, but since my reply hasn't shown up I figured I'd try again.

The build available for downloading at 3:24 p.m. Mountain Time on Friday of last week was for the 2680 build, but I saw that the file was updated to a newer build by Sunday morning.

The reason for the GEN1018 error was that I had inadvertently blanked out the [EXENAME] input on the Product tab of the General Information dialog. Filling in a filename such as Setup.exe makes the error go away. You can reproduce the situation, since the same will happen in any project with a blank [EXENAME]. It does it in the current 2734 build too.

linder
10-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Hmm, we did not change anything on the servers last weekend. We uploaded the new Build #2734 on Tuesday, September 29. All other old images on the server were dated Monday, September 07 (Build #2712). I checked this with the web hosting company and they told me that they did not touch the servers (no backups restored, etc.). Strange... Build #2680 was a very old release (dated August 06, 2009).

Yes, if [EXENAME] is blank then the compiler cannot create the installer. We'll modify the error message in the next build to take care of this.

Friedrich