PDA

View Full Version : Compiler variables in #include directive

apai
03-20-2007, 11:05 PM
Hi,

According to the SetupBuilder documentation, compiler variables can be used in #include directives. e.g. if I have compiler variable SOME_DIR set to "C:\Foo", then

#include script "UninstallScript.sbi" from "[SOME_DIR]"

should work as long as C:\Foo\UninstallScript.sbi exists. Is this correct? I can't seem to get it to work, though it does when I hard code it:

#include script "UninstallScript.sbi" from "C:\Foo"

thanks,

Amar

linder
03-21-2007, 12:35 AM
Amar,

Unfortunately, the documentation is incorrect here :-( The #include directive cannot process compiler variables.

We have changed this in the SetupBuilder 6.1 documenation now.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.!

--
Friedrich Linder
Lindersoft
www.lindersoft.com
+1.954.252.3910

"point. click. ship" - that's SetupBuilder 6
Create Windows Vista ready installations in minutes

-- Official Comodo Code Signing and SSL Certificate Partner

apai
03-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Thanks. Support for variables in #include paths is a desirable feature because the machine I would be developing our installer on has different source paths than our auto-build machine, and it would be best to configure the installer source path via a compiler variable and then specify #include paths with this variable as a base. That way the auto-build could just set the compiler variable. I'm not sure how we will automate our builds in the current situation in the case where source paths differ on dev machine & auto build machine.

-Amar

linder
03-21-2007, 11:44 AM
Amar,

Just place your include scripts into the "core" \Include subfolder under the main SB6 installation folder and you can auto-build on any machine ;-)

BTW, SetupBuilder 6.1 comes with some very cool new features (new command line compiler switches, new Releases feature, and so much more). We are working on the updated documentation right now.

Friedrich