PDA

View Full Version : Web download files remaining

MarkF
11-09-2009, 04:10 PM
I have set up a webupdate installation. When my test user runs the program, it installs just fine, but leaves all of the downloaded files (248) in the C: root folder. I presumed that they should be automatically deleted, but if not, then I need to control what folder they end up in. I haven't seen anything in the docs.

Thanks,

Mark

linder
11-10-2009, 01:59 AM
Mark,

Web install does not copy anything to the C: root folder! It downloads files to the temporary Windows folder. After that, it unpacks and installs the file and removes the downloaded object from the machine.

You said that your test user had 248 files in his C: root. So you can't reproduce this problem on your machines, right? There are quite a few hundred thousand web installations out there are we have not received a similar report.

We checked this in different scenarios here but can't reproduce it on any of our machines nor does any of our own web install projects show a similar behaviour.

If you check %TMPDIR% (e.g. using the "Display Message Box" script function, what the value of this variable at runtime on your customers' machine?

---

Friedrich Linder
Lindersoft
www.lindersoft.com
+1.954.252.3910

SetupBuilder is Windows installation -- "point. click. ship"

-- Official Comodo Code Signing and SSL Certificate Partner

MarkF
11-10-2009, 01:56 PM
I'll see if I can have my user recreate this scenario.