PDA

View Full Version : Minor Path Issues when moving SB6 application

Doug I
04-17-2007, 02:46 PM
This is definitely not a biggie, but I thought I'd mention it as SB6 is very solid and a few small tweaks can't hurt. :)

When moving my SB6 from an older computer to a newer system, I was forced to install on a new drive letter (i.e. C: instead of D: ) .

This posed a variety of issues to the scripts I had developed under SB6.
There were two places in particular that could have been designed better under SB6 to avoid having to go to all of my scripts and changing the path value in special areas of the program.

1. Top/Side Wizard Dialog Bitmaps - These entries record the full path of the bitmaps in each script.

2. Digital Signatures for Credentials/Private Key Files - These entries record the full path and file name in each script.

Possible Solutions?
If all my path issues were contained in one area, it would have been a little easier to address all issues caused by a new SB6 drive location.
So, I guess what I am suggesting is possibly to create SB Compiler Variables for the path of Dialog Bitmaps and Digital Signature Files. Then you would only have to save the file name in the settings. You already use many SB compiler variables for similar purposes... an SB_Images or SB_DigitalSignature path variable couldn't hurt.

Just a thought,
Doug

linder
04-21-2007, 04:32 AM
Doug,

:)

Hmm, the "Top/Side Wizard Dialog Bitmaps" fully support compiler variables (see attached screenshot).

In SetupBuilder 6.5, Digital Signatures for Credentials/Private Key Files also support compiler variables.

Thanks,
Friedrich

Doug I
04-22-2007, 08:33 AM
Hi,

In all honesty, I never tried putting the compiler variables there. It seemed unintuitive to do so, even though I suggested that maybe that was a way to resolve the issue.

I will try this. Thanks again.