PDA

View Full Version : Eye Candy sells!

Doug I
04-25-2007, 10:24 AM
Hi,

In my attempt to further improve this excellent product, I have a few more wish list items I thought I'd throw it out there. :) It's possible that SB already does some or all of this... but am not sure.

Since pictures are worth a 1000 words, I have attached a sample installer window from one product and placed it next to a similar step created by SB (both screenshots in image are under Vista Aero).

I would love to be able to pretty up my installs in the same manner as shown on left of image. The only real difference is the background wallpaper... but as you can tell, one looks much more appealing than the other.

I have never tried venturing past the top and side wizard dialog bitmap options. I noticed that there is a static bitmap setting under the installer background option, but have never seen examples of it being used.

Does this static bitmap stretch the entire window so that I could create my own skinned look?

The particular product I took the left screenshot from avoids that Side graphic strip altogether and just uses this one wallpaper image consistent thru all wizard dialog steps, except the first step which does seem to use a side graphic strip along with a similar wallpaper background image as the rest of the install.

I'd love to be able to add more pizzazz to to my wizard dialog steps, and think that I am too limited with the current Top and Side image option only that SB currently offers.

Your thoughts on this greatly appreciated.

Doug I