PDA

View Full Version : Folder List

meercat
12-22-2009, 04:35 AM
Hello,

I am unsure as to how to return a list of folders for a given directory in SetupBuilder Developer.

If someone knows the appropriate technique, I would appreciate their guidance.

Thanks in advance,
Alex

meercat
12-28-2009, 08:11 PM
Hello,

Is this question so obviously stupid that it deserves no reply or do SetupBuilders take their Christmas Holidays so seriously that they're not available to reply?

In any case, as a paid up support member, last time I looked, could someone put me out of my misery.

Regards,
Alex

meercat
12-28-2009, 10:56 PM
While trying to track down the non-return of the Load File List function, I noticed 3 runtime variable entries for %_SB_ERRORCODE%. The first one returned -1 and the other two 0, which one do I trust? Is it the first one, the last one, or the middle one?

linder
12-28-2009, 11:36 PM
Alex,

In any case, as a paid up support member, last time I looked, could someone put me out of my misery.

I fear I do not understand. What does this forum have to do with your paid subscription? Did you contact our Suppport Department? I can't see your support request in our database. Our Support Department was even available on December 24, 2009.

BTW, this forum is free.

Friedrich

linder
12-28-2009, 11:41 PM
Alex,

To answer your question: this is from the documentation for "Handle File Listing":

"The Handle File Listing function lets you retrieve and process a file directory listing."

It does NOT retrieve a list of folders. What you can do is to write your own DLL that retrieves a list of folders and call it from the installer.

Regards,

Friedrich Linder
Lindersoft
www.lindersoft.com
+1.954.252.3910

SetupBuilder is Windows 7 installation -- "point. click. ship"

-- Official Comodo Code Signing and SSL Certificate Partner

linder
12-28-2009, 11:43 PM
If the function succeeds, the %_SB_ERRORCODE% return value is zero. If the first one returned -1 then this one failed.

Friedrich

meercat
12-29-2009, 12:15 AM
Hi Friedrich,

What I meant was that during debugging, in the list of runtime variables, the %_SB_ERRORCODE% is displayed 3 times, as in: (attached screenshot)
Also, writing a DLL to return a list of folders seems a little extreme, is it possible that there is any work-around for this, using some fancy scripting, or that this could be an product enhancement?

Regards,
Alex

linder
12-29-2009, 01:29 AM
What I meant was that during debugging, in the list of runtime variables, the %_SB_ERRORCODE% is displayed 3 times, as in: http://screencast.com/t/YTA0ZTBiOTMt

That's definitely not okay. What SB version are you on?

Also, writing a DLL to return a list of folders seems a little extreme, is it possible that there is any work-around for this, using some fancy scripting, or that this could be an product enhancement?

If you know how to do this with Windows APIs then you could try to use the Call DLL... function to handle this.

Friedrich

meercat
12-29-2009, 07:15 AM
Hi,
This is the version:

linder
12-29-2009, 08:45 AM
Yes, that's the latest stable version. We'll try to reproduce this (we have never seen this before and have not received any similar report).

Thnaks,
Friedrich