PDA

View Full Version : FTP Upload feature too sensitive?

Doug I
04-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Hi,

I thought I'd bring this oddity up to see if anyone else has experienced this or if anything can be done.

My SB scripts use the FTP command to send our installation files to our web server. However, I've noticed the wierdest pattern... and I don't believe its coincidental. This is not a new thing either, as it has happened to me over several different SB versions going back to SB5.

If I compile the script and don't do any other multi-tasking on the pc (i.e. don't touch the pc at all), the FTP upload is successful always. But if I do some minor activity on the same pc (like working in my developer tools, pulling up a browser and doing minor surfing, etc.), the FTP fails almost everytime with a Compiler Upload Error.

My pc is very fast with an AMD 5000+ Dual Processor and plenty of RAM (2 Gig). The CPU resources are never burdened.

I am suspecting that the issue is SB related. I don't know for sure though. I am guessing that maybe SB times out too easily and gives up on the FTP uploading too quickly without enough transmission re-attempts? Is that possible?

Doug

linder
05-01-2007, 11:10 AM
Doug,

This feature is powered by the Windows core component WinINet. I don't think that we can do anything here because FTP upload is done with only one line of code. But I'll check this.

Friedrich