PDA

View Full Version : Saving project on windows 7 losing variables

iancook
01-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Hi
I have recently upgraded my computer to windows 7 64 bit.
My old machine was running windows xp pro.

I copied the project file from my old computer onto my new computer.

The problem I am having is when I simply save the project (and make no toher changes whatsoever) the project compile variables and other settings are wiped clean.

For example, I have attached screenshots showing the before and after settings.
The "BeforeSaving.jpg" shows the [EXENAME] as kirbyfooty2009adminsetup_v[PRODUCTVER].exe
If I then just click on the save icon and reopen the project the "AfterSaving.jpg" shows the [EXENAME] as kirbyfooty.exe.
The other settings and editted scripts have also disappeared.

I have tried saving the project as a different name, and running Setup Builder as the administrator.

I am baffled what else to try. I hope you can help me please.

Thanks in advance

linder
01-23-2010, 02:23 AM
Hello,

Could you please send your "before save" and "after save" projects to support [at] lindersoft [dot] com? We'll then review your projects. I checked this with SB7 but can't reproduce it.

BTW, support for SB6 came to an end last year, so I would suggest to update to SB7. If you have a current subscription, the update is free of charge.

http://www.lindersoft.com/support_eol.htm

Friedrich

linder
01-23-2010, 03:51 AM
BTW, I think the above two screenshots are from completely different project files.

For example, the top screenshot displays [PRODUCTVER] = 9.11. The bottom screenshot displays [PRODUCTVER] = 1.00.0000. And even the [PRODUCTGUID] are completely different!!! And so are the [PRODUCTNAME] values. IMO, you did NOT simply save the project (and make no other changes whatsoever) the project and there must be another reason for it.

What do you think?

Friedrich

iancook
01-24-2010, 03:20 PM
Hi Friedrich

Thanks for the quick reply and excellent support!!

I can confirm I get the same results as the thread you mentioned in your email http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?p=41996#post41996
ie that Trend Antivirus is somehow wrecking the script.

When I turned off Trend then SB7 worked perfectly.
When I turned it back on SB7 stopped working.

I hope Trend can fix this soon....

Kind regards
Ian Cook
www.kirbyfooty.com

linder
01-25-2010, 01:29 AM
Hi Ian,

Thanks for the update!

We'll make the final SB71 release, which detects such an "over-protective" Trend Antivirus issue during the save process, available this week .

--
Friedrich Linder
Lindersoft
www.lindersoft.com
+1.954.252.3910

SetupBuilder is Windows 7 installation -- "point. click. ship"

-- Official Comodo Code Signing and SSL Certificate Partner