PDA

View Full Version : Dr

Unregistered
05-11-2007, 08:23 AM
I am new to SetupBuilder but the evaluation copy looks extremely promising.

I can see how to set up a registry correspondence from a file extenstion to a document type and from the document type to the document icon and the open verb, but how do I add more verbs (play and print) to the same document type?

Dave Webber

linder
05-11-2007, 08:37 AM
Dave,

Thank you for your kind words!

This is a very good question. "Play" is already supported in SetupBuilder 6.5 (see attached screenshot) but "Print" is not available yet. Hmm, I don't know why to be frank. We'll add the "Print" verb.

Do you need more verbs?

Thanks,
Friedrich

Unregistered
05-11-2007, 09:35 AM
Dave,

Thank you for your kind words!

This is a very good question. "Play" is already supported in SetupBuilder 6.5 (see attached screenshot) but "Print" is not available yet. Hmm, I don't know why to be frank. We'll add the "Print" verb.

Do you need more verbs?

Thanks,
Friedrich

I have

open: Mozart32.exe <filename>
print: Mozart32.exe /p <filename>
play: Mozart32.exe /a <filename>

and also a "print to" command because donkey's years ago (probably under win3.1) I understood it was standard for printing to a non-default printer, but I never managed to get it to work properly and am happy to abandon it.

But I'm confused now.

The file extension spec in SetupBuilder associates

(A) the extension with a document type - in my case

.mz with Mozart32.Document

(B) the document type with the icon

Mozart32.Document with ....\mozart32.exe,1

(C) the document type with a verb and command line arguments

Now it looks like I can put any pair of (verb,argument) in there

open, %1
print, /p %1
play, /a %1

But each association of an extension with a verb, repeats all the document type and icon information. (This looks less elegant than the rest of this extremely elegant package!) Will it work?

If not, presumably I can do it all manually with a registry key
HKCR\Mozart32.document\shell\print\command
?

Dave Webber

PS: I am also impressed by the speed of response! But I have another question for another thread. :-(

linder
05-11-2007, 10:17 AM
David,

Thank you :)

Would it be possible for you to send me your script so I can check this? My email address is friedrich (at) lindersoft (dot) com.

Unfortunately, I am leaving for an appointment now so I'll check this tomorrow morning.

Thanks,
Friedrich