PDA

View Full Version : Backslash n in Username

Thompson
02-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Our setup lets the user specify a couple of folder locations. For example, one variable that holds a folder path defaults to %_CSIDL_APPDATA%\[Somename]. The problem happens when the installer's username has "n" as the first letter, which causes the string "\n" to be part of the value of the variable that holds the folder name. In the Edit Control on the Custom Wizard Dialog where we are showing this user-editable path, the path is shown as the following, for a user with username "nathan," for example:

C:\Usersathan\AppData\Roaming\[Somename]

When I copy that text to the clipboard and paste it into NotePad, it looks like this (as you might expect, the invisible "\n" causes a new line in the pasted text):

C:\Users
athan\AppData\Roaming\[Somename]

How do I make it so the edit box does not interpret "\n" to mean new line? The edit box in the above example needs to show the following text:

C:\Users\nathan\AppData\Roaming\[Somename]

linder
02-12-2010, 01:19 AM
Very good question! I have opened a support ticket for this.

Friedrich

linder
02-12-2010, 03:29 AM
Hello,

We have fixed this in our latest internal source codes.

FIX : [SB#002121] Installer: ENTRY type fields in a "Custom Wizard Dialog" processed '\n' as newline command even when the Multiline control option was disabled.

If you are interested, send your serial number to our Sales sales [at] lindersoft [dot] com and you'll get access to the internal development build when available (later today).

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Friedrich

Thompson
02-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Friedrich,

Thanks very much again for the fast answer and for fixing the problem so quickly.