PDA

View Full Version : Just checking re GEN1053 error...

JohnN
02-13-2010, 02:18 AM
I'm getting this error on my new pvk file, but if I just switch back to the old one everything is fine.

Presumably this must mean I have messed up the password on the new certificate, and it is not the same as the old one like I meant it to be??

linder
02-13-2010, 03:35 AM
John,

Yes, if switching back to your old files works then I also think that the password is incorrect. BTW, you set the password when you ordered the new Comodo code-sign certificate!

Friedrich

JohnN
02-14-2010, 03:47 PM
John,

Yes, if switching back to your old files works then I also think that the password is incorrect. BTW, you set the password when you ordered the new Comodo code-sign certificate!

Friedrich

Yes, I realised that. Clearly I have messed it up! Thank you for confirming my analysis...

JohnN
02-15-2010, 09:39 PM
John,

BTW, you set the password when you ordered the new Comodo code-sign certificate!

Friedrich

I wonder if you can help me here. Presumably the only thing I can do is purchase another certificate with the password I desire. But would that key totally replace the current one, or only take effect after this one?

Thanks,

linder
02-16-2010, 12:04 AM
John,

Unfortunately, we can't do anything. Comodo is a WebTrust company and would never ever share any customer information with us. But even Comodo does not have your password -- it does not leave your machine when you order the certificate.

BTW, you defined the password in the ordering process (before the private key was created). Perhaps you misspelled it or there is a case-sensitive issue?

Friedrich

JohnN
02-17-2010, 01:53 AM
John,

Unfortunately, we can't do anything. Comodo is a WebTrust company and would never ever share any customer information with us. But even Comodo does not have your password -- it does not leave your machine when you order the certificate.

Friedrich

I realise that. I was just hoping, in the last resort, that buying more years on the certificate would get me past this problem.

John,

Perhaps you misspelled it or there is a case-sensitive issue?

Friedrich

Certainly that investigation is underway, but not with much success so far!

Thank you,

JohnN
02-23-2010, 09:56 PM
After contacting comodo the situation seems to be (probably) that I have not in fact received my new certificate, and that because the new PVK file is dumped on my system straight away, and is not compatible with the old SPC, I have these problems!

It is taking much longer to get the certificate this time than the first time!

Anyway, for now I just wait.

Thanks again.

linder
02-24-2010, 02:17 AM
Thanks for the update.

Friedrich