PDA

View Full Version : Error 0 on FTP upload

ccordes
03-25-2010, 01:42 PM
I see that other people have had this error too but so far no good answers. Maybe my errors will shed new light?

I have just updated an install tried to upload it and right at the end before the renaming, I get Error #0. :(
I thought maybe a permissions error, so I tried the install for a different app to the same FTP directory. Uploaded perfectly.
Then I went back to the erring install tried again. Still same error.
I tried sending it to a different folder - Error 0
Then to another server - Error 0.
Each of these trials included sending to both ftp.server.com/whereever and www.server.com/wherever
Both servers and all folders tried were able to accept a different install.exe
AND all servers and folders accepted all installs when sent sent using the FireFTP tool in Firefox.

Hope this helps.
Chris C

linder
03-26-2010, 02:33 AM
I see that other people have had this error too but so far no good answers. Maybe my errors will shed new light?

BTW, all people who reported this tested it with the latest versions and it fixed it.

Friedrich

jazzq3
09-30-2010, 01:50 AM
Hey...I know your problem. Pretty bad an outside programmer can solve the issue before the support guys do.

You need to have port forwarding enabled for the specific port (in this case the default port of 21 for FTP purposes).

It's real simple (if you are unsure):

1. Gain access into your router's settings.
2. Navigate to the 'Port Forwarding' or 'Applications & Gaming' tab.
3. Give this specific port a name like "SB FTP".
4. Enter 21 for the port number you wish to forward through the router. Be sure to check or select TCP for this. Specificity!
5. Enter the IP address of your computer (the one you will be doing the uploading from utilizing SetupBuilder).

And "BTW, all people who reported this tested it with the latest versions and it fixed it." is not a proper response due to lack of experience and applied knowledge.

I know this will solve your problem. Good day ;)

The Jerry

linder
09-30-2010, 02:25 AM
Jerry,

The "BTW, all people who reported this tested it with the latest versions and it fixed it." response referred to a FTP Upload bug that we fixed in the February 2010 maintenance build.

Please re-read the original support request. Chris said: "...so I tried the install for a different app to the same FTP directory. Uploaded perfectly..."

Because it worked for another SB install, this was not caused by "port fowarding" ;) Enabling the "PASV Mode" option in the Release Distribution tab is useful for certain types of firewalls that do not allow FTP servers to initiate data connections back to the connected client.

Friedrich

ccordes
09-30-2010, 06:41 AM
This was quite a while ago, but I do believe it was fixed with the next update.
Thanks to both for the response

linder
09-30-2010, 06:45 AM
Thank you, Chris!

Friedrich