PDA

View Full Version : how to use nullsoft genrated script

nitinmehta14
06-16-2007, 05:50 AM
hi
how to use nullsoft generated script and i want to create a setup project and also impliment autoupdater or web updater ..plz

andrea
06-16-2007, 06:02 AM
Hello,

SetupBuilder 6.5 supports a state-of-the-art point and click installation scripting language that consolidates dozens or hundreds of lines of code into predefined script functions. You should be able to port your NSI script to native SetupScript.

Of course, you can also run your NSI .exe from within the SetupBuilder installer.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

andrea
06-16-2007, 06:04 AM
And of course, web update and web installations (including binary patches) are supported in SetupBuilder 6.5 Developer Edition!

Unregistered
06-16-2007, 06:10 AM
Hello,

SetupBuilder 6.5 supports a state-of-the-art point and click installation scripting language that consolidates dozens or hundreds of lines of code into predefined script functions. You should be able to port your NSI script to native SetupScript.

Of course, you can also run your NSI .exe from within the SetupBuilder installer.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

thanks
i have some difficulties like i have already create nsi script but how to intigrate this script in setupbuilder plz which steps and menu which properties i
follow plz
in advance thanks

andrea
06-16-2007, 06:16 AM
Hello,

The instructions that NSIS uses for scripting are sort of a cross between PHP and assembly. You cannot use your "script" in SetupBuilder.

You can, however, port the script over to SetupScript using our drag and drop interface.

Does this help?

Unregistered
06-16-2007, 06:22 AM
Hello,

The instructions that NSIS uses for scripting are sort of a cross between PHP and assembly. You cannot use your "script" in SetupBuilder.

You can, however, port the script over to SetupScript using our drag and drop interface.

Does this help?

thanks but i am not properly getting u said setup bulder is not support nsis build srcipt but i need setup builder for my autoupdater feature implimention plz help me
thanks

andrea
06-16-2007, 06:51 AM
Hello,

The Web Update feature does only make sense if you are using SetupBuilder to install your product. During this process, the SetupBuilder installer makes your installation "web update ready".

You can then use the web update client to check for an update (e.g. you call it from your application, provide a Shortcut, run it via a Scheduled Task, etc. It's completely up to you.

If a new version is available, you can perform dynamic updates (only what is required for the specific machine is updated).

All the above are built-in SetupBuilder features.

To make a NSIS installation "web update ready", you would have to start a "dummy" SetupBuilder installer from your NSIS install. This "dummy" installs the web update client (wupdate.exe). After that, the installation is ready to perform web updates. Of course, not through NSIS but through SetupBuilder installation packages.

Does this help?

If you are interested, send your installation (setup.exe) to our support and we'll try to develop a small script for you that makes the NSIS installation web-update ready.