PDA

View Full Version : Compilation deletes files from other project?

Arie Rens
06-20-2007, 03:54 AM
Usually I have each Setup Builder project using its own target directory to store the resulting .exe file.

For one of my projects, however, I have two versions of the same setup builder project, that share the same target directory. The setup builder project files are named differently, and the resulting .exe files are named differently.

When I compile one of the project files, it will delete the .exe (and .htm) file of the other (and it's own), and vice versa.

One of the project versions is derived from the other, with some files removed from the installation (my customer wants a "small" and a "full" installation package), and the project file and resulting exe renamed.

What could be the reason for one project removing the result files from the other? It is probably related to the line "Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'xxxxxxx.sb5' I see during the compilation'

The setup builder version I'm using is 5.6.1666

Regards,

Arie

linder
06-20-2007, 04:02 AM
Arie,

Please see General Information -> Project -> Delete Extensions

In SetupBuilder 6.5 is a new option under Tools | Options... | Compiler Tab -> "Enable 'Extensions to Delete on Clean'" (disabled by default).

Does this help?

Friedrich

Arie Rens
06-27-2007, 07:00 AM
> Does this help?

Yes it does. I made the wildcards more specific.
Thanks

Arie