PDA

View Full Version : VDE 'lost' control

Jonathan Kay
05-25-2010, 03:52 AM
Hi,

I seem to have 'lost' a control in the VDE. I was adding some text to a check box I had created which had a very small width. I think the fact that the text I entered was much to big caused some kind of issue - I saw the control appear briefly at the top left of the window (in the wizard banner) and then completely disappear.

I'm getting compile errors on this dialog about a variable that doesn't exist, but I can't delete the control. Is there anything I can do or do I have to recreate this dialog? (It seems you can't use tab to cycle through the controls in the window.)

TIA,
Jon.

linder
05-25-2010, 03:55 AM
Jonathan,

Could you please send your .sb7 project to support [at] lindersoft [dot] com and we'll check this.

Thanks,
Friedrich

linder
05-25-2010, 04:56 AM
Jonathan,

See attached screenshot. The compile error is caused by a runtime variable name in the Control Name field :)

Friedrich

Jonathan Kay
05-25-2010, 05:27 AM
Ah thanks! I didn't realise I'd done that. Did you find the missing check control? I reopened my project and just noticed the same thing almost happened with the 'Proxy Port' edit control. It's width and height both appeared to be 0 but I could still select it. When I double clicked the x & y pos were also set to 0. I changed them, but I think the control may have disappeared too if I hadn't.

Jon.

linder
05-25-2010, 05:40 AM
Jonathan,

We did find the "Proxy Port" edit control (see SOL_CONFIG. sb7 project we sent back) but no check control. We'll see VDE improvements in the upcoming SB versions to overcome these problems.

Thanks,
Friedrich

Jonathan Kay
05-25-2010, 07:52 AM
Ok, I'll assume it's not there. But I'm still having an issue with this dialog keep corrupting the 'Heading'. To reproduce...

Double-click the second 'Custom Wizard Dialog' (the title should be 'Email') and set the heading to 'Email Configuration'. Click 'OK and enter Dialog Editor...' and then double click any control and click 'OK' (no need to make any changes). Finally click 'Save Changes and Exit'.

When I next open the 'Custom Wizard Dialog Properties', the heading text 'Email Configuration' has been changed to 'tors.' (the last 5 characters of the sub-heading).

I think the .sb7 file you've already got will reproduce this issue. If not I can send you the latest version.

Jon.

linder
05-25-2010, 09:22 AM
Jonathan,

I think we have already fixed this in the latest internal build. I checked this with your SOL_CONFIG.sb7 and can reproduce this in 7.2 Build 2943, but it works fine in our latest internal build.

It's caused by a buffer overrun in the "Sub Heading" and the total number of controls. If you make the text in the Sub Heading smaller, it does not happen in your case.

The fix will be available in the next maintenance build.

Thanks,
Friedrich