PDA

View Full Version : Additional 'redistributables'

Jonathan Kay
05-31-2010, 09:35 AM
It would be nice if the 'Redistributable Manager' supported Office 2007 ODBC drivers (AccessDatabaseDriver.exe) and also MDAC.

Jon.

linder
05-31-2010, 10:26 AM
Jonathan,

We removed support for MDAC in SetupBuilder 7.0 (Gold) Build 2680 (August 06, 2009)

---
CHANGE : Removed built-in support for the "Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8" Core PreRequisite.
---

If you are interested, I can send you the old .sbi include script.

The Office 2007 ODBC driver is not popular enough to make it in the "Redistributable Manager". There are 10,000+ different redistributabels out there for all kind of programs and operating systems. And I have no idea if it is allowed to make such a Office 2007 ODBC driver package available in our Redistributable Manager (from the MS license point of view). Please note that you can develop your own .sbi to automate the deployment of standard redistributables.

Friedrich

Jonathan Kay
06-02-2010, 05:26 AM
Ok. How about a 'Check ODBC Driver' or some such to detect if a particular driver is installed?

Jon.

linder
06-02-2010, 05:52 AM
Hi Jonathan,

The names of all the ODBC drivers are kept as values under a registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\ODBC Drivers

Just enumerate the registry values to retrieve a collection. I have developed a simple quick-and-dirty demo for you (see attached screenshot and .sb7 project).

Hope this helps.

Friedrich