PDA

View Full Version : Code Signing Problem

Paul
06-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Using the latest version of SB I have created an installation that code signs the installation and my application. The script compiles without error and when I right click, properties on both the installation and the application exe they are signed.

But when I actually run the installation on another computer my application is installed WITHOUT a digital signature? I have checked, and rechecked, everything I can not find a problem. Like I said when the installation compiles everything is signed. The only thing that I am doing differently is that the installation executable created is a different name then my application. It compiles as TireSoft29.Exe and the actual program name is TireSoft.Exe. But I selected permentant and when the script finishes my TireSoft.Exe is signed.

What am I doing wrong??

linder
06-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Paul,

Do not use the "Permanent" option! Recompile your application executable, uncheck the "Permanent" option and recomile your installation.

HTH,

Friedrich

Friedrich Linder
Lindersoft
www.lindersoft.com
+1.954.252.3910

"point. click. ship" - that's SetupBuilder 6.5
Create Windows Vista ready installations in minutes

-- Official Comodo Code Signing and SSL Certificate Partner

Paul
06-24-2007, 08:53 AM
Friedrich,

Ok I tried that and it did not make any difference. Then I compiled the script with permanent on. Went in and right clicked on my application exe and it was code signed. Then I went into my project and deleted the #code sign from the script and compiled. I then ran the installation and installed to a different folder. My exe was not code signed:mad: but the source exe is code signed:confused:

Also I have noticed that my exe does not have any version resource information. Is this a seperate item that I have to do outside of SB??

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. My installation project is so simple yet I have now spent almost a week trying to get the installation to work.

Paul

linder
06-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Paul,

I would suggest to send your script to our support department. IMO, you are doing something wrong in the part of your script that processes your application (e.g. you point to a wrong file path). It's not possible to "remove" a signature from an application. If your exe is code-signed and the compiler includes this very same file into the installer then it's also code-signed when you install it.

BTW, your development environment (Visual Studio, Clarion, etc.) has to add a version stamp to your application files!

HTH,

Friedrich

Paul
06-26-2007, 11:21 AM
Friedrich,

I found the problem.:) I had the #code sign and #manifest input on lines 1 and two before the script had done anything, :o duh... So I moved them down to after everything was initialized and it works great! But just for my information where should this lines be input and in what order? I check the docs but they do not provide any information on where, when and in what order.

Paul

linder
06-26-2007, 12:47 PM
Hi Paul,

Thank you for he good news.

The script is "what you see is what you get". It's completely sequencial. Just add the stuff after the "Common Definitions.sb6" and you are done.

Friedrich