PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Evaluation Edition and Licensing

straightwaytech
07-01-2007, 03:45 AM
To Whom This May Concern,
I have noticied your product while browsing through possible deployment solutions for my company's quality excellence™ product, Tracking 1-2-3™. I looked through the various features that are being offered, as well as the evaluation edition and pricing. I have two questions regarding the product, which if they could be answered would greatly assist me in deciding if your solution would work best for Straightway Technologies Inc.

Firstly, I would like to try out and see if the solution will meet the needs of my business. Therefore, if I go through all the steps of creating a deployment project with SetupBuilder, and save the project, would I then be able to open and use the existing project, should I purchase SetupBuilder?

Secondly, how exactly does the licensing for this product work. I have a small team of developers, however, there is generally one person responsible for the successful deployment of the solution. Therefore, would I only need to purchase one license as there is only one person who is responsible for the deployment, or will additional licenses be required?

If you could answer my questions promptly, that would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

James Simpson
Straightway Technologies Inc.

andrea
07-01-2007, 05:23 AM
James,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, developers don't need to rebuild projects built with trial versions of SetupBuilder; after registering, simply press "Compile", and the installers will be ready to go.

Each individual accessing the SetupBuilder product must have a copy licensed to that individual. We have "Team Licenses" available, e.g. "Team5" licenses 5 developers for the price of 3. Please feel free to contact me at sales (at) lindersoft (dot) com.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

straightwaytech
07-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Hello again,
Just to clarify - so if only one person will be dealing with SetupBuilder at the end for deployment, then only one license is required, correct?

Sincerely,

James Simpson

andrea
07-02-2007, 12:03 AM
Hello James,

If only one person develops and maintains the installation projects, then only one license is required. If five developers are working with SetupBuilder to create or maintain the installation projects, then 5 licenses (e.g. Team5) are required.

Does this help?

Andrea

straightwaytech
07-02-2007, 02:04 AM
Hello again,
As I have mentioned there will only be one person on our small team who is working on the deployment issue, and thus will be using the software. I might purchase one license, provided that my evaluation experience is good.

Regards,

James Simpson

andrea
07-02-2007, 02:49 AM
James,

Thank you!

If you have any further questions, you can post them here or you can contact our sales and support department.

Andrea