PDA

View Full Version : Licence agreement and language support

David Webber
07-02-2007, 05:43 AM
I notice there's a %SELLNG% variable which tells me which language the user has selected in which to use the installer.

I want to present the licence agreement in that language. Currently I am presenting a file licence.rtf using the default method - putting the file name in the appropriate dialogue text as a compiler variable (which is different in fact for the evaluation release and the full release).

However, I would like to present different files (licence.es.rtf, licence.fr.rtf etc) for different languages according to the value of %SELLNG%. This is only known at run time, but the filename as defined in the dialogue seems to demand a compiler variable.

Is there a way around this?

Dave

linder
07-02-2007, 05:57 AM
Dave,

Before I tell you how to do this from the script, are you using the built-in multiple-language support (where the installer displays the "Select Language" dialog)?

If this is the case, just set the license agreement file for all defined languages in the Text and Messages Visualizer (see screenshot) and SetupBuilder handles all the dirty work for you.

Does this help?

Friedrich

David Webber
07-02-2007, 06:30 AM
Brilliant - thanks!

[I should have thought of "translating the file name text"]

Dave