PDA

View Full Version : Place shortcuts in common (or not) based on "feature"

vsorensen
07-10-2007, 04:57 PM
I'd like the user to be able to select if others using the same computer see the shortcuts that are added, and access the data.

In other words:

If "Enable access for all users on this computer" is selected after the welcome screen, I want %MYDATADIR% to default to %_CSIDL_COMMON_DOCUMENTS%\[PRODUCTNAME]\Data\, otherwise it should be %_CSIDL_PERSONAL%\[PRODUCTNAME]\Data\.

If "Enable access for all users on this computer" is selected, one set of shortcuts (with "common" set to yes) are made, otherwise, another set (with "common" set to no) is.

What I have so far is:

! Important: Initialize default install folder and program group variables
Set Variable %_SB_DATADIR% to "%_CSIDL_COMMON_DOCUMENTS%\[PRODUCTNAME]\Data\"
! Need to change this in the Loop Wizard if user decides not to share data

[ Create Shortcuts ]
::Create Shortcut "[PRODUCTNAME] Main Module (All Users)" to "Programs\[PRODUCTNAME]\[PRODUCTNAME] Main Module (All Users)" (Share)
::Create Shortcut "[PRODUCTNAME] Tray Monitor (All Users)" to "Programs\[PRODUCTNAME]\[PRODUCTNAME] Tray Monitor (All Users)" (Share)
::Create Program Folder "[PRODUCTNAME]" to "Programs\[PRODUCTNAME]" (Always Install) <- this is set to "common" even though it contains shortcuts for the user??
::Create Shortcut "[PRODUCTNAME] Main Module" to "Programs\[PRODUCTNAME]\[PRODUCTNAME] Main Module" (Always Install) <- want this to be "Not (Share)"
::Create Shortcut "[PRODUCTNAME] Tray Monitor Module" to "Programs\[PRODUCTNAME]\[PRODUCTNAME] Tray Monitor Module" (Always Install) <- want this to be "Not (Share)"
::Create Shortcut "[PRODUCTNAME] Tray Module" to "Startup\[PRODUCTNAME] Tray Module" (Startup)
::Create Shortcut "[PRODUCTNAME]" to "QuickLaunch\[PRODUCTNAME]" (Quick Launch Shortcut)
::Create Shortcut "[PRODUCTNAME]" to "Desktop\[PRODUCTNAME]" (Desktop Shortcut)

andrea
07-11-2007, 03:23 AM
Hello,

Perhaps the following to links help:

http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2679

http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2066

vsorensen
07-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Unfortunately there seems to be no way to add a second set of shortcuts under Programs (for All Users).

I want the exact same folder hierarchy, placed under the common Programs folder, as I have under the user's Programs folder. Looks like the only way to get this is the SB_ALLUSERSFLAG.

BTW, there are some bugs in the Shortcut visualizer. When I tried to copy a shortcut from the one folder to the other, a folder was created instead of a shortcut.

Also, it would be nice to not have to use the mouse so much. I'm used to being able to CTRL+C and CTRL+V to copy things...

linder
07-12-2007, 07:13 AM
You know that the "Current User" method does not work under Vista or Windows Server 2008?

Friedrich

vsorensen
07-12-2007, 02:17 PM
I'm aware of UAC and the constraints it applies, or at least I think I know what's going on.

I was under the impression that this was only an issue where an adminstrator was installing software for someone else... in other words if a user does not have admin rights there could be a problem...

I'm currently testing the results of using the flag from http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2066 .

linder
07-13-2007, 08:36 AM
Under the new Windows operation systems, administrator rights and administrator execution level privileges are different things. Your installer needs administrator execution privileges on Vista/"Longhorn". Per User installation is not available if you have that level of privilege.

Friedrich