PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of temporary files

nielsdybdahl
08-04-2010, 05:14 AM
I am using SetupBuilder 7.2.3015.
When my installation script has completed, it has generated around 700 temporary files in C:\ named something like FILENAME.0001
How do I get rid of these files? I guess there is some setting somewhere to select whether they should be cleaned up or not, but which setting is it?

linder
08-04-2010, 05:19 AM
Hello,

I assume, you are updating an existing software. By default, the installer creates backup copies of all replaced files. You can disable this feature (General Properties), but it is not recommended (because this will disable system rollback).

The installer itself does not create temporary backup files. It's your script that does it. You can check your uninstall .log to find out where the backup files are coming from.

Hope this helps.

Friedrich

nielsdybdahl
08-04-2010, 06:29 AM
The %BACKUPDIR% variable points to a folder different than C:\ but still the backup files are placed in C:\, so it seems I have no choice other than turning the backup files off.
Thanks for the help.

Niels

linder
08-04-2010, 07:34 AM
Niels,

If you are interested, you can send your .sb7 project and the uninstall .log to support [at] lindersoft [dot] com and we'll review the script for you. If I were you I would not disable the backup feature! There is definitely a problem in your script and it should be easy to find and fix this.

Friedrich