PDA

View Full Version : Custom wizard dialog

bbarnea
08-23-2010, 08:22 AM
Hi,

I'm evaluating the setup builder 7 developer edition.
I need to have a custom dialog box which have among other things the following entities:
1. a disabled, multi-line, edit box with EULA of the size of ~12K more or less (when I put the text in a variable it is cut in the middle...) is there a possibility to show entire 12K text?
2. I need to put in a link of a license agreement. is there a possibility to put a normal link in the dialog box that open the browser and shows a URL in the web?

Thanks,

linder
08-23-2010, 08:32 AM
Hello,

You can display a RTF file (up to 100K) in a RTF control in your Custom Wizard Dialog. A TEXT control can only display up to 10K.

The standard Windows core RTF control does not support URLs in RTF documents (e.g. there is no option in Windows WordPad to add a "hyperlink"). As a result, the RTF installer control can't display such a URL.

Friedrich

linder
08-23-2010, 08:35 AM
BTW, there is a new "Hyperlink" control planned for the next SetupBuilder maintenance build (similar to the Hyperlink on the "Final" wizard dialog). So if you do not need this "hyperlink" in your text but on the dialog, then this should work.

Friedrich

bbarnea
08-23-2010, 08:52 AM
Thanks for you response :)

The RTF option is only in a License agreement dialog.
I need it in a Custom Dialog.....
how shall I show the EULA in a custom dialog?

regarding the link, when should it be available for me?
I think I could open an RTF instead of the link (I should check with the legal department of out company - but I think it should be ok) - but the RTF support must be in the custom dialong box.

Thanks,
Boaz.

linder
08-23-2010, 09:02 AM
Boaz,

The RTF option is also available in the Custom Dialog ;) You can use the "Custom Dialog Demo 4.sb7" source code demo from the Examples Package. Did you already download the Example Package (comes with lots of examples and the wodreful "Learning SetupBuilder Part I" manual)?

http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24376

The "Hyperlink" control in the Custom Dialog Editor should be available in the next maintenance build (scheduled to be released within the next 10-12 days).

Friedrich

linder
08-24-2010, 09:24 AM
The "Hyperlink" control in the Custom Dialog Editor should be available in the next maintenance build (scheduled to be released within the next 10-12 days).

Hyperlink control added and will be available in the next build.

Friedrich

linder
08-27-2010, 08:30 AM
regarding the link, when should it be available for me?

Available in the new SB72 Build #3062 now!

Friedrich