PDA

View Full Version : Multilingual problems on uninstall!

David Webber
07-14-2007, 06:23 AM
I have a choice of languages for the installer. In alphabetical order of English names, these are currently:

Dutch, English, French, Spanish, Swedish

I have implemented a custom dialogue to select the language for the installer (immediately before the welcome dialogue). All is fine so far.

However, if I install in English, and then go to uninstall (via the usual mechanism in the control panel), the uninstaller messages come up in Dutch! :(

I assume this is because Dutch is the first alphabetically. Is this a bug or have I missed something?

Is there a method for ensuring the uninstaller comes up in the language chosen for the installation????

Dave

andrea
07-14-2007, 06:49 AM
Dave,

I see in our system that this item is already in review.

Thanks,

David Webber
07-14-2007, 08:07 AM
Dave,

I see in our system that this item is already in review.

Thanks,

Thanks. When I asked about this (default language being the first alphabetically) for the installer, I hadn't realised that the same thing would happen for the uninstaller. You were obvioulsy ahead of me there :-)

The answer to the first problem (for now) was introducing a custom language selector (and using a function in my own DLL to help determine the default language).

I don't need a custom uninstaller, as all I want to do is undo what was done on installation. But I want to undo it in the same language :)

Is there any short-term work around that could be used (until your review bears fruit)?

Dave

andrea
07-15-2007, 01:17 PM
Dave,

Sorry, I don't have any further information. Item is still in review and there is no reference to a workaround. If the "Show Language Dialog" is displayed then it works fine. So it seems to be caused by a "limitation" in the "Set Actice Setup Language" function.