PDA

View Full Version : Uninstaller missing.

bagofgloom
08-24-2010, 10:23 PM
Recently my company started upgrading to Windows 7. During this upgrade process we noticed that the Uninstaller sometimes would not be in the installation folder. The log however was. This does not happen every time the installer runs. This current issue does not happen on a Windows XP machine.

I am not sure if something is wrong with my script or if I have a setting incorrect for Windows 7 machines. Any idea what my problem might be?

linder
08-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Hello,

You did not mention the version/build. Is this an UAC-aware install (e.g. compiled with SB7)?

IMO, an "external" program (e.g. a buggy protection software product) removes the uninstall .exe (for whatever reason).

Friedrich

bagofgloom
08-25-2010, 01:02 PM
If you wanted the current SetupBuilder Version I am on Version: 7.2.3015. I will check if it is a UAC-aware install but my guess would be no. All of our protection software is the same we use Symantec Endpoint Protection. Not sure if this matters but during the installation process the first thing the installer does is uninstall the previous version.

linder
08-26-2010, 12:14 AM
If your install is compiled with 7.2 then you have a UAC-compliant setup.

I would suggest to "wait" a few seconds after you called the "old" uninstall from your "new" install (and have the "Wait" option enabled in the Run action that calls the uninstall). Perhaps your protection software "delays" the self-removal process of the uninstall .exe and so Windows removes the newly created uninstall .exe.

Hope this helps.

Friedrich

bagofgloom
08-26-2010, 12:43 PM
I will give that a try. Thanks.