PDA

View Full Version : Installer works in debug and only in debug?

arrigob
09-09-2010, 02:04 PM
I have been working on my 4th installer using SetupBuilder. This installer does not actually install files from the compressed exe, it only copies files from one location to a destination the user has chosen.

In brief:
1. User points us to a shared folder on their network.
2. User defines where they want software installed.
3. Installer then copies files from that location to the installation directory.

My only problem I have at this point is that when I run the installer through full debug mode, it installs everything perfectly. But if I try to run the exe from the project release folder, it goes through the dialogs but when you hit the install button it goes straight to the finish dialog and hasn't copied anything? Any ideas? Should I call in for this one?

linder
09-10-2010, 01:39 AM
Hello,

I would suggest to send your .sb7 project file to support [at] lindersoft [dot] com and we'll review your script and make the appropriate changes for you.

Friedrich

arrigob
09-10-2010, 10:25 AM
Hey, I sent the email, but it started working. I am not sure why but it is running correctly now. Sorry for any trouble this caused. And thats for the awesome support!

linder
09-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Brandon,

:)

Your project looks fine. I think it's some kind of permission problem. The data path is simply not "accessible".

Just for fun, run the IDE elevated (if you are using an UAC-aware operating system) and then debug the project. Does it still work? Or set General Information -> Generator -> Execution Level to "asInvoker" and run the install. Does it still fail (of course, this will not register the OCX files any longer).

Friedrich