PDA

View Full Version : SetupBuilder Version 6.5 Developer Trial Question

JimLay
07-29-2007, 10:24 PM
In testing the Trial version (6.5 Developer), it appears as thought the Redistributable manager is disabled as is Help Updates, etc. ??

Just checking to see if this is just a trial version limitation.

BTW - It's amazing how complicated most installers make their setup software compared to yours. Your software makes it faster, easier, just as capable and much more straightforward (read accurate) with your UI.

Looking forward to working with it.

Jim

andrea
07-30-2007, 01:10 AM
Jim,

Thanks so much for your kind words :)

I just checked this and the Redistributable Manager is enabled in my Trial Version (build 1911). See attached screenshot.

Could you please check this again?

Thanks,

JimLay
07-30-2007, 11:13 AM
Andrea,

I retried several times and received same results today. Deinstalled and reinstalled the trial and now appears to be working fine. (I may have been running something during the initial trial install that conflicted with the install process yesterday.)

I'm impressed with the product, will be purchasing today.

Have you folks ever considered getting into the exe copy-protection/trial version wrapper market? It would be a great upsell add-on for the setupbuilder.

Thanks for your help,

Jim

linder
07-31-2007, 10:43 AM
Jim,

Thank you very much :)

BTW, we are working on an interface to support the upcoming RegKISS / SoftDefense product that integrates with SetupBuilder.

http://www.regkiss.com

It will support the Armadillo protection system from www.siliconrealms.com

With the RegKISS product and SetupBuilder you will have the ability to easily issue and control registration codes, etc.

Friedrich
www.lindersoft.com

JimLay
07-31-2007, 08:37 PM
I'll watch for it. Thanks!