PDA

View Full Version : SB6 to SB7 Digital Certificate Not Found

CaseyR
10-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Hi,

I am updating a setup builder project from SB6 to SB7. The project referenced expired digital certificates that were no longer available, so the compiler rightly gave 'File not found' errors. I selected the right certificate files and passkey but still got the error. I turned off the Add Digital Certificate as a test, but the compiler is still giving the same File not Found , Code Signing failed errors.

The script looks OK, no reference to digital certificates or code signing. It seems like the compiler is still using the original converted source file, rather than a new one with the changes.

Any suggestions? Many thanks.

linder
10-12-2010, 11:53 PM
Hello,

Please post a compiler window screenshot (or use File | Save Compiler Output to File... and post the report) and we can tell you where you have the wrong link in place.

And make sure you are using the correct code-signing utility (Tools | Options... | File Locations). For example, you have to use SIGNTOOL.EXE if you have a .PFX to code-sign your files. SIGNCODE.EXE is only for .SPC/.PVK.

And you said that turning off the "Add Digital Certificate" feature still results in a code-sign error. So I assume that you are using "#code-sign application" compiler directives to code-sign your own files and this fails.

Does this help?

Friedrich

linder
10-12-2010, 11:57 PM
BTW, this is an interesting "How To Code-Sign" paper:

http://www.lindersoft.com/CodeSign.pdf

Friedrich

CaseyR
10-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the offer to check the script.

I found the problem was there were two code signing operations, one for the setup file and one for the exe in the setup. Changing the certificate information or turning off code signing in Project Definitions/General Information has not effect on the code signing directive for the exe, and vice-versa.

Thanks anyway.