PDA

View Full Version : Evaluating SB and Wise

tonisa
10-20-2010, 04:15 AM
Hi,
I'm evaluating SB. Actually I'm using Wise Installation 9. From previous threads I learned there is no wse-script import and I can follow your point of view it would be difficult doing a complete conversion. But it could be usefull to "import" single sections like the "file copying". So I tried if there was a way doing it through the clipboard. In Wise copying a script line to the clipboard, that information can be pasted to and editor like notepad, example
item: Install File
Source=f:\Cop\Hlp\HelpMan4\%_VENDOR_%\Rapido.chm
Destination=%MAINDIR%\Rapido.chm
Flags=0000000010000010
end
In SetupBuilder I can copy / paste script-lines, too, but only inside the application, no "external" paste is available. My idea was to paste all wise-scripting lines "Install File" to an external editor, change it to SB-syntax and paste it to SB. Is there a way to do this?

best regards
Toni

linder
10-20-2010, 04:31 AM
Toni,

Unfortunately, you can't copy and paste from the Wise IDE to the SetupBuilder IDE (or vice-versa). The underlying script format is too different.

Your Wise code:

converted (via copy and paste) to SB7 looks like this (see attached screenshot).

%_SB_INSTALLDIR% is the equivalent to %MAINDIR%

Friedrich

tonisa
10-20-2010, 05:34 AM
Hi Friedrich,
I can understand that a copy in Wise cannot be pasted to SB. But copying in Wise I can paste it to notepad, word or similar in an readable textformat. After that I could do some processing on the generated strings to make them compatible with SB-clipboard format. For example, in InstallAware the wise-script-lines
item: Install File
Flags=0000000010000010
end
would look like
~InstallAware Clipboard Data~
~Install Files~
~{5BCA9255-E4D6-49CD-874B-5E9EAC233AE1}~
~f:\Cop\Hlp\HelpMan4\$_VENDOR_$\Rapido.chm~
~FALSE|~
~$MAINDIR$\Rapido.chm~
~FALSE~
~FALSE~
~FALSE~
~FALSE~
~FALSE~
~FALSE~
~FALSE~
~FALSE~
~FALSE~

Therefore my question: is it possible to paste data from the standard windows clipboard into the scripting editor of SB? And if so, where can I retrieve the format (syntax) this data must have?

best regards
Toni

linder
10-20-2010, 05:46 AM
Hi Toni,

No, you can't copy from the Windows clipboard to the Script Editor. Of course, you can open a script function in SB and then paste Wise specific data from the Clipboard into the entry fields (that's what I did in my previous example). But that is not what you are trying to do.

Friedrich

tonisa
10-20-2010, 05:49 AM
OK. This could be an improvement for future versions of SB.
Toni