PDA

View Full Version : Unlock function during installation depending on the serial number

Tommyknocker
11-19-2010, 05:32 AM
Hello.

Is it possible to unlock functions during installation depending on the serial number the user entered?

Reason
I implemented my own dialog to select the language of the software to be installed. This setup uses the serial numbers of the dialog "user info", that means I have a pool of 100 possible serial numbers, for example.

Example1
Is it possible to allow the installation of a special language only in combination with a sub-list of the possible serial numbers?
Example: If user selects "French" the software should only be installed, if one of the first ten serial numbers is entered. Otherwise a message should be displayed.

Or is it possbile to have the 100 serials for all other languages, and for selecting "French" a different dialog is displayed, which has itīs own pool of serial numbers?

Example2
Depending on the entered serial number different files should be installed.
For example some other DLLs, or a different EXE file. That would mean I could have two applications within one software (for example one demo version and the release). Depending on the serial number the corresponding software is installed.

Thank you for your help.

linder
11-19-2010, 05:38 AM
Hello,

Yes, SetupBuilder Developer Edition supports serial numbers and subscription keys.

You can even generate different sets of serial numbers for different languages, e.g. English, French, etc. And of course, you can install different files depending on the entered serial number. Absolutely no problem. Quite a few of our customers install different editions based on the serial number set. For example, "Standard", "Professional", "Enterprise" editions, all from the same setup.exe, powered by different sets of serial numbers.

Friedrich

Tommyknocker
11-19-2010, 06:08 AM
Hello Friedrich,

I am working with the Developer Edition V7.2.3062.
Can you give me a little example/tutorial to demonstrate how different files are installed depending on the serial number?

Thank you very much.

linder
11-19-2010, 07:51 AM
Hi Tom,

Sure, no problem. Could you please send a copy of the above message and your serial number to support [at] lindersoft [dot] com so we can develop a demo project for you. We can't post a general example .sb7 because the set of serial numbers depend on your unique SetupBuilder serial number key. In other words, the demo only works with your specific license.

Friedrich

linder
11-23-2010, 12:22 AM
Hello Tom,

We'll send you the demo project today.

Friedrich