PDA

View Full Version : Changing billboard header text and window title during runtime

Tommyknocker
11-30-2010, 01:00 AM
Hello,

in my setup I use Installer background. When changing the header text it is possible to click with the right mouse button on the corresponding edit field while pressing CTRL. In the displayed dialog a runtime variable can be selected as header text.

But here´s the problem:
When I test the setup, the string "%MY_VAR_NAME%" is displayed as header text, instead of the variable´s content.
I wanted to change the variable %MY_VAR_NAME% during runtime, depending on some information the user enters in the first dialog mask, so that the header text changes during run time...
How can I change the header text during run time?

Another question:
Is it possible to change the application title (displayed as window title) during runtime?

Thank you for your help.

linder
11-30-2010, 01:17 AM
Hello,

First of all, the "blue background" is very old-style and it's only there for compatibility reasons (to the old V5).

You can't change the application title at runtime in the full installer background mode and you can't use runtime variables here (compiler variables should work). The "blue background" is displayed before the script engine is executed.

Friedrich

Tommyknocker
11-30-2010, 01:29 AM
Hello Friedrich,

thank you for your reply.

Is it possible to assign the [PRODUCTGUID] during runtime, for example after the user entered a serial number in the first dialog mask.
Depending on the entered serial number, a different software with a different EXE file is installed, all other files are the same.
So I could compile only one setup for both software types.
To handle it correct, the [PRODUCTGUID] must have the software´s correct ID.

linder
11-30-2010, 01:40 AM
Hi Tom,

Absolutely no problem. See attached screenshots.

1. Create a new custom variable (e.g. %PRODUCTGUID%) and use it in the "Product GUID [PRODUCTGUID]" General Information.

2. Then, in your script, you can set %PRODUCTGUID% to whatever you want at runtime.

BTW, you can use the same method to set the Product Name [PRODUCTNAME].

Does this help?

Friedrich

Tommyknocker
01-24-2011, 03:30 AM
Perfect, it works!
Thanks a lot.

linder
01-24-2011, 03:33 AM
You are welcome :)

Friedrich