PDA

View Full Version : Is there something like merge modules for Setupbuilder?

Unregistered
12-13-2010, 02:56 PM
From what I see, one can't current use merge modules in setupbuilder, I was wondering if you had a similar construct though.

I want to bundle groups of files into one common "merge module" that I can re-use again and again.

linder
12-14-2010, 12:29 AM
Hello,

Yes! Include Scripts (.sbi).

The #include script directive allows you to include other SetupBuilder scripts within the current script. This allows you to create a library of "scriplets" that contain commonly used functions and reuse them with other scripts without having to recode the information. For example, if you consistently use the same variables for your scripts, create a .sbi script containing only your common variables and include it at the beginning of every script.

The #include script directive instructs the SetupBuilder preprocessor to treat the contents of a specified include file as if it appeared in a SetupBuilder program.

If you have a piece of SetupScript code that you use repeatedly within the same script or within multiple scripts then you can use the include script command to avoid redundant programming. The include script command allows you to call a .sbi script file from any location. The .sbi will be compiled when the primary script is compiled.

Does this help?

Friedrich

Unregistered
12-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Yes